You are here
At Grace Academy, we seek to work with qualified, Christ-centered problem-solvers who enjoy influencing young lives for Christ through quality, Christian education. Please see below for our current employment opportunities for the 2018-19 academic year.
Art Teacher K-12 (Full Time)
The Art Teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with school guidelines; to develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations; to discover and develop talents of students in the field of art.
- Knowledge of art history and different art genres in order to teach a range of art styles.
- Ability to communicate concrete and abstract concepts to students.
- Ability to spot and cultivate creativity.
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history,
- Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing and painting.
- Understand the versatility of acrylic paints: dry brushing, staining, and layering.
- Knows the fundamentals and different approaches to drawing media technique.
- Provide individual and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities.
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment.
College degree required and experience working with children in art preferred.
Technology Education Teacher
Provides quality standards-based instruction in Technology Education (Pre-Engineering, Coding, Google Apps, Microsoft Office); assesses and encourages student progress; manages an effective learning environment to maximize student achievement.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field. Must be eligible to work towards obtaining an ACSI and/ or Maryland License with the appropriate endorsement to teach Technology Education. Must have experience in one or more of the following: Engineering and Electronics, Modeling/Simulation, Computer Science, and/or Computer Systems Technology (Networking). Must possess the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Teacher will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate administrator.
- Teaches skills, knowledge, and scientific attitudes through courses in technology education to students.
- Plans a technology education program involving demonstrations, lectures, discussions, and student experiments; organizes activities for optimal learning.
- Instructs students in the proper use, care and safe handling of equipment.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional philosophy to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
- Provides for safe storage and proper use of materials, equipment and tools.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior for a productive learning environment during class sessions and field trips. Evaluates each student’s growth in knowledge and skills in the course being taught.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Supervises students in assigned out of classroom activities during the working day.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Administers testing in accordance with testing practices.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Assists the Director of Technology as assigned and needed
Middle School Soccer Coach
- 21 years or older. Soccer coaching experience required. Must pass background check.
- Follows and maintains knowledge of all MDCC and NFHS policy(ies) and procedures.
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement in the sport.
- Enforces discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles.
- Plans and sets-up activities, practices and games.
- Maintains a safe environment and facilities for student athletes at all times.
- Develops appropriate training programs and practice schedules.
- Supervises students in locker rooms at home and away games and ensures appropriate behavior.
- Travels with student athletes on the team bus and or van both to and from games.
- Ensures that proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms and updated inventories are adhered to.
- Makes recommendations regarding the purchase of uniforms, equipment and supplies.
- Works with the athletic director in preparing practice and game schedules.
- Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time and manner.
- Ensures that proper form(s) (insurance, concussion, medical) obtained and current.
- Ensures that medical and safety requirements are adhered to.
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, parents and officials and resolves conflict in a professional manner.
- Appropriately maintains and secures confidential records and inquiries.
- Professionally represents the school and the District in interactions with parents, community, staff and students.
- Maintains appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
- Attends work regularly and is punctual.
- Responsible for leading spiritual devotions and prayer with team.
- Demonstrates Christian values in and outside of employment
Science Teacher 9-12
- Bachelor's Degree with a major or minor in Secondary Science 9-12
- Preference given to teachers with state certification
Grace Academy is a K-12 Christian School looking for a full-time 9-12 Science teacher to develop in each student an awareness of the role of science in society from a biblical worldview; to motivate each pupil to acquire knowledge of scientific facts and principals, and skills in scientific methods of problem solving; to discover and develop special God given talents of students in scientific fields, with a biblical world view. Teacher must be able to teach Biology, Earth and Space Science, and if possible Physics and/or Environmental Science. The science curriculum is based on Next Generation Science Standards.
- Teaches skills, knowledge, and scientific attitudes through courses in general science, earth science, biology, physics, physiology to secondary students
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specific to curriculum and school regulations and procedures of the school
- Explains a scientific program involving demonstrations, lectures, discussions, lab experiments; organizes lab activities for optimum learning
- Demonstrates scientific concepts by use of scientific apparatus, experiments, and standards or teacher prepared instructional aids
- Provides individual or small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of students and to accommodate where a variety of projects and experiments are being completed simultaneously
- Instructs students in the proper use, care, and safe handling of chemicals, science equipment, and plant/animal life
- Provides safe storage and proper use of materials, equipment, and tools. Makes adjustments and requests repairs to equipment as required
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior for productive classroom management during class, lab, and field trips
- Evaluates each student's growth in knowledge and skills, and scientific attitudes in course content
- Selects and request books, instructional materials, instructional aids, science equipment, chemical, and supplies and maintains inventory records as required
- Maintains professional competence through in-service activities provided by the school
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff in helping students solve problems
- Participates in curriculum and other development programs
- Assist students in selection and development of individual research projects
- Teaches creation from a biblical perspective and identifies Darwin's Theory of Evolution as a scientific theory
- Cooperates in various science clubs, extracurricular activities, and fairs
- Communicates with parents and the school guidance counselor on student progress
- Supervises students as assigned during the school day
- Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of student activities
- Participates with the school administration in the formal observation/evaluation process
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the administrator
- Demonstrates Christian values in and outside of employment