You are here
At Grace Academy, we seek to work with qualified, Christ-centered problem-solvers who enjoy influencing young lives for Christ through quality, Christian education. Please see below for our current employment opportunities for the 2018-19 academic year.
Orchestra Teacher (Part Time)
Responsible for MS/HS Orchestra.
Technology Education Teacher
Provides quality standards-based instruction in Technology Education (Pre-Engineering, Coding, Google Apps, Microsoft Office); assesses and encourages student progress; manages an effective learning environment to maximize student achievement.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field. Must be eligible to work towards obtaining an ACSI and/ or Maryland License with the appropriate endorsement to teach Technology Education. Must have experience in one or more of the following: Engineering and Electronics, Modeling/Simulation, Computer Science, and/or Computer Systems Technology (Networking). Must possess the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The Teacher will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate administrator.
- Teaches skills, knowledge, and scientific attitudes through courses in technology education to students.
- Plans a technology education program involving demonstrations, lectures, discussions, and student experiments; organizes activities for optimal learning.
- Instructs students in the proper use, care and safe handling of equipment.
- Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional philosophy to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
- Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
- Provides for safe storage and proper use of materials, equipment and tools.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior for a productive learning environment during class sessions and field trips. Evaluates each student’s growth in knowledge and skills in the course being taught.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
- Supervises students in assigned out of classroom activities during the working day.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Administers testing in accordance with testing practices.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Assists the Director of Technology as assigned and needed