You are here
Winter Formal Dress Requirements
To ensure Winter Formal is an event that honors God even while we get dressed up and have fun together, we enforce the following dress requirements.
Gentlemen, ladies who do not attend Grace Academy also must follow these dress requirements.
Ladies need to bring their dresses in for approval (by Mrs. Casto) by end of day January 12. No exceptions!
Requirements for all dresses:
- Straps need to be 1” to 1 1/2” wide (one on each side). ALL dresses MUST have 2 straps.
- Dresses must be above the bra line in the back.
- Dresses must not show any cleavage while sitting or standing. If choosing a sweetheart or V-neckline, alterations need to be made to achieve a straight line across the top of the dress.
- Halter dresses are permitted but may not have a peep hole in the front. They must be above the bra line in the back. NO OPEN BACK. Dresses also must cover the bra line under your arms and chest area.
- If wearing a short style dress, it must come to the middle of the knee. If the dress has 2 layers, the bottom layer that is seen must be to the middle of the knee. When sitting, the dress should not come high on the leg.
- Slits must also come to the middle of the knee and not any higher.
- No flip flops or tennis shoes. Dressy shoes required.
Please make sure all guidelines are met!
ANYONE WITH A DRESS NOT FOLLOWING THE ABOVE GUIDELINES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ENTER WINTER FORMAL.